ERP Systems comprise of the solutions that are offered in terms of Enterprise Resource Planning. They are becoming widely popular in the modules of modern businesses as they help in many significant tasks like connecting the people of an organization, streamlining the processes across several departments by integrating the data and carrying out effective collection of data.
The ERP support systems are more commonly used by the manufacturing and apparel industries as it helps them to carry out accurate decision making that reflects on the initiatives that are taken for critical business.
Here are 5 genuine reasons to implement the ERP Systems:
- Consolidate Disparate Databases- If most of the communication between the departments of an organization takes place in the form of mails or on paper without any face to face interaction, then the communication can be improved a lot by the ERP Systems. The ERP system will be able to create a centralized databases that will store all the important documents of all the departments and keep eliminating redundancies from time to time. Every time some information is fed into the ERP System it is going to flow to those area where the information will be required. The retrieval of information becomes faster and the data accuracy is increased.
- Costing the Product Accurately- The ERP Systems will be able to identify several parameters like equipment, time, cost of labour and the amount of material that is going to be used for the manufacture of the product. The ERP will also be able to track the cost variances for the costs of purchase, labour and material. The auditors and accountants can then analyse the results and the reports that are going to be generated and the actual costs can be compared with the planned costs.
- Delivering Product on Time- The ERP systems make sure that all your products are delivered to the designated customers on time. The capabilities of the ERP make sure that the support systems of the customer and sales manage the opportunities and provide the right delivery information from the beginning. Factors such as overtime and expediting are taken into consideration.
- Improved Customer Service- In order to attract more number of customers, the customer service has to be very reliable. The business should be aimed at providing customer satisfaction. The software packages of the ERP make the details of the clients accessible from a single screen. These details include the billing information, inquiries, past orders, current orders and invoices. The packages also make sure that the entire sales team is informed so that they can answer the queries of the customer at the earliest.
- Managing the Compliance of Regulatory Requirement- ERP Systems make sure that all the regulatory requirements are complied with and there is no such situation where any form of violation takes place. It maintains a system that keeps record of all the audit activities along with historical purposes. It also makes sure that all the tasks are complete with proper procedure and documentation.
It is due to all this factors that ERP systems make sure that the efficiency of the business is increased and thus they are contributors to the growth of the organization.